Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Sloppy Joes

Found this while pinning, was from a Better Home & Garden article.  Hubby thought it sounded like a great choice to eat while watching Cowboys football.  I liked it because it was extremely easy and fairly low in points.  Win win! (and the cowboys did win too!)

Here goes:
1lb ground chicken or turkey
14 oz can pizza sauce
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 bag frozen pepper medley with onions (thawed and chopped)

1) Brown the ground chicken or turkey
2) Dump all ingredients into the crock pot.
3) Stir and go!  6-8 hrs on low or 3-4 hrs on high.

I served ours on a low cal wheat bun for 3 points and a slice of lite provolone!  I put the meal (just the sloppy joe mixture, not the bun and cheese) into recipe builder and calculated it to be 6 servings for 4 ppts each!  YUM!  So, bun+cheese+joe=8ppts.

 I served with a side of baked sweet potato fries.  The ones in picture happen to be frozen ones...apparently the ones I had chopped up to make myself ended up either being cooked too high or too long and were burnt to a crisp when I got out from putting Mark to bed.  OOPS!

We have plenty left over too.  Am thinking it would be really good on a baked potato later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment